ALTRA TRADUZIONE..VI PREGO...

rapa

Utente
15 Ottobre 2004
COMPARAZIONE DI ORTICA E SAW PALMETTO CN FINASTERIDE!!!!!!!!
Therapeutic equivalence should be demonstrated in a randomised, reference-controlled multicentric double blind clinical trial with PRO 160/120, a combination of Sabal- and Urtica-Extract, and Finasteride, respectively, in patients suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, Stage I to II according to Aiken). The study involved 543 patients, who were treated for 48 weeks with two capsules of PRO 160/120 or one capsule of Finasteride per day, in a double dummy design. Primary variable was the change of the maximum urinary flow after 24 weeks of therapy in comparison to therapy start. As secondary variables urodynamic parameters such as average urinary flow, miction volume and miction time were monitored. Urinary symptoms were recorded by the International-Prostate-Symptom-Score (I-PSS, Paris 1993). Additionally, the impacts of the symptoms on quality of life had been assessed by a quality of life questionnaire according to The American Urological Association Measurement Committee (1991). An increase of the urinary flow rate could be observed in both treatment groups (1.9 ml/s with PRO 160/ 120; 2.4 ml/s with Finasteride). During the trial, the average urinary flow increased, whereas the miction time decreased in both groups in a similar extent. The miction volume did not show any relevant differences after treatment with either PRO 160/120 or Finasteride. The I-PSS decreased from 11.3 at the therapy start to 8.2 after 24 weeks and 6.5 (week 48) under PRO 160/120 and from 11.8 to 8.0 and 6.2, under Finasteride, respectively. Accordingly, life quality improved between therapy start and therapy end from 7.5 to 4.3 with PRO 160/120 and from 7.7 to 4.1 with Finasteride. In terms of safety aspects less adverse events occurred with the Sabal/Urtica-Extract as with Finasteride. Especially less cases of diminished ejaculation volume, erectile dysfunction and headache have been reported.

rapa

Utente
15 Ottobre 2004
Therapeutic equivalence should be demonstrated in a randomised, reference-controlled multicentric double blind clinical trial with PRO 160/120, a combination of Sabal- and Urtica-Extract, and Finasteride, respectively, in patients suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, Stage I to II according to Aiken). The study involved 543 patients, who were treated for 48 weeks with two capsules of PRO 160/120 or one capsule of Finasteride per day, in a double dummy design. Primary variable was the change of the maximum urinary flow after 24 weeks of therapy in comparison to therapy start. As secondary variables urodynamic parameters such as average urinary flow, miction volume and miction time were monitored. Urinary symptoms were recorded by the International-Prostate-Symptom-Score (I-PSS, Paris 1993). Additionally, the impacts of the symptoms on quality of life had been assessed by a quality of life questionnaire according to The American Urological Association Measurement Committee (1991). An increase of the urinary flow rate could be observed in both treatment groups (1.9 ml/s with PRO 160/ 120; 2.4 ml/s with Finasteride). During the trial, the average urinary flow increased, whereas the miction time decreased in both groups in a similar extent. The miction volume did not show any relevant differences after treatment with either PRO 160/120 or Finasteride. The I-PSS decreased from 11.3 at the therapy start to 8.2 after 24 weeks and 6.5 (week 48) under PRO 160/120 and from 11.8 to 8.0 and 6.2, under Finasteride, respectively. Accordingly, life quality improved between therapy start and therapy end from 7.5 to 4.3 with PRO 160/120 and from 7.7 to 4.1 with Finasteride. In terms of safety aspects less adverse events occurred with the Sabal/Urtica-Extract as with Finasteride. Especially less cases of diminished ejaculation volume, erectile dysfunction and headache have been reported.

rapa

Utente
15 Ottobre 2004

lunicri

Utente
15 Settembre 2004
Ragazzi, ho sempre fatto traduzioni letterarie e quindi questa esula un po' dalle mie competenze però, magari con l'aiuto di Giampaolo che è medico, si può arrivare ad una comprensione corretta dell'articolo. Comunque questo è quello che ho partorito:

L’equivalenza terapeutica dovrebbe essere dimostrata attraverso un esperimento clinico controllato (…) con PRO 160/120 -una combinazione di Sabal e di Estratto di Ortica- e con Finasteride, in pazienti che soffrono di iperplasia prostatica benigna (BPH, Stadio I - II secondo Aiken). Lo studio ha coinvolto 543 pazienti, che sono stati trattati per 48 settimane, un gruppo con 2 capsule di PRO 160/120 e l’altro gruppo con una capsula di Finasteride al giorno. La variabile principale considerata è stata il cambiamento del massimo flusso urinario dopo 24 settimane di terapia rispetto all’inizio della terapia. Come seconda variabile, sono stati monitorati parametri urodinamici come il flusso urinario medio, la quantità di minzione e il tempo di minzione. I sintomi urinari sono stati registrati dall’I-PSS* (International Prostate Symptom Score= punteggio internazionale dei sintomi della prostata) (Parigi, 1993). Inoltre, l’impatto dei sintomi sulla qualità della vita è stato valutato attraverso un questionario sulla qualità della vita secondo il Comitato sui Sistemi di Misurazione dell’Associazione Urologica Americana (1991). Un aumento della velocità del flusso urinario è stato osservato in entrambi i gruppi sottoposti al trattamento (1.9 ml/s con PRO 160/ 120; 2.4 ml/s con Finasteride). Durante l’esperimento, il flusso urinario medio è aumentato, mentre il tempo di minzione è diminuito in entrambi i gruppi e in misura simile. La quantità di urina nella minzione non ha dimostrato rilevanti differenze né dopo il trattamento con PRO 160/120 né dopo quello con Finasteride. L’ I-PSS è diminuito da 11.3, all’inizio della terapia, a 8.2 dopo 24 settimane e 6.5 (48esima settimana) sotto PRO 160/120 e da 11.8 a 8.0 e 6.2, sotto Finasteride. Conseguentemente, la qualità della vita è migliorata dall’inizio della terapia alla fine della terapia da 7.5 a 4.3 con PRO 160/120 e da 7.7 a 4.1 con Finasteride. In termini di sicurezza, ci sono stati minori effetti collaterali con il Sabal/Estratto di Ortica che con Finasteride. In particolare, sono stati riportati meno casi di eiaculazione ridotta, di disfunzioni erettili e mal di testa.

*L’I-PSS è una scala riconosciuta a livello internazionale e che assegna un punteggio a ciascuno dei principali disturbi o sintomi lamentati dal paziente sofferente alla prostata, purché senza complicazioni. Il totale dei punti aiuta a capire se si tratta di disturbi di lieve, media o grave entità. Più il punteggio è alto, e quindi i sintomi sono gravi, più è probabile che sia necessario l’intervento chirurgico. )

Spero che vi sia utile...[X]

lunicri

Utente
15 Settembre 2004
Citazione:Messaggio inserito da RAPA
nn ci capisco molto..credo di aver scazzato..scusate...grazie lunicri

[?][?]

lunicri

Utente
15 Settembre 2004
[:D]
Mi ricordo che in un altro post già altri utenti avevano detto a Rapa che stava leggendo articoli sulle malattie della prostata, ma lui era convinto!
Comunque mi sembra che qualche delucidazione sugli effetti della finasteride li dia, anche se forse sono concetti che già conoscete.
In any case, sono contenta che tu, Youngman, abbia apprezzato!
E io mi sono fatta una cultura.....
[:X][:X]